05 May 2009

Lifestyle Changes


I have two people very close to me who are experiencing big health issues. Now I've been blessed with very good health throughout my life, but this has made me look at me much closer. It hit me that I've let myself slide over the last six months or so. I've allowed myself to focus on helping others (not a bad thing at all), but have neglected helping myself.

Now, I don't have any health issue or problems, but I feel unhealthy. And when my body is telling me that, that's my wake up call. I am adding focus on me into every day. Getting back to my running/basketball/swimming shape and improving my spiritual focus. I'm not a religious person, so what I mean by spiritual is internal balance and harmony, not doctrine.

I am very motivated when I get it stuck in my head to do something, so I confident I can regain my old form. What I need to do is build in a structure so that I maintain that for the rest of my life. I've far too much still to do to let life wander on by.

If you are feeling the same way, then do something about. The Nike ad 'Just Do It' was brilliant becausejavascript:void(0) in those three word, it sums up what you need to do. Don't plan when you're going to do it, Just Do It. Don't make excuses why you can't. Just Do It. Well that is what I am doing. Thanks for listening.

No comments: