07 May 2012

There's always next year

Once again, my beloved St. Louis Blues bowed out in the playoffs.  They were back playing excellent hockey during the season and making the playoffs for only the second time since 2004.  They had made the playoffs for 25 straight years from 1980-2004.  They even made the Stanley Cup finals their 1st 3 years in existence - and lost all three).

So to get to my point, Each year ends with "Next Year" and this year is no exception after getting swept out of the playoffs by the LA Kings, who I have to admit, totally outplayed the Blues.  I had high hopes this year based on their level of play throughout the season and the first round.  But, alas, my yearly end of season mantra is back.

I won't give up on my Blues, like Red Sox fans never gave up on them and they finally ended their drought in 2004 (which ended the Blues consecutive playoff streak...hmmmm).  That is what it means to be a fan.  Cheer on your team through good and bad times.  Kind of like life, don't give up.

Although, Lord Stanley's Cup would look really nice displayed at Scottrade Center.  Just, sayin'.

No comments: